Last Revised: October 15, 2018
Attn: Customer Support
701 Brazos, Suite 1616, Austin, TX 78701
3. A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits Personal Data to Company and we learn that the Personal Data is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 13, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
5. Types of Data We Collect. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
(a) Information You Provide to Us.
· We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, gender, e-mail and mailing addresses, professional title, photo, company name, and password when you create an account to log in to our Services (“Account”).
· For home owners, we may collect Personal Data that you submit when using our Services, such as address, home access number, and property information, including photos, videos and surveys. For service providers, we may also collect Personal Data that you submit when using our Services, such as insurance and licensure information.
· For user authentication, we may require you to submit a photo and/or ID card.
· If you use our Services on your mobile device, including through our Application(s), we may collect your phone number and the unique device ID number.
· If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location), we may store and use that information to provide you with location-based information.
· Our Services let you store preferences like how your content is displayed. We may associate these choices with your ID, browser or the mobile device, and you can edit these preferences at any time.
· When connecting to our Services via a service provider that uniquely identifies your mobile device, we may receive this identification and use it to offer extended services and/or functionality.
· Certain Services, such as two-factor authentication, may require our collection of your phone number. We may associate that phone number to your mobile device identification information.
· You may be asked to provide information necessary to complete transactions via the Services, including your name, credit card, and billing information. We do not store your credit card information directly on our servers, but this information may be collected and stored by our third-party payment processor(s), who will help process and fulfill your purchases. When you submit credit card numbers, that information is encrypted using industry standard technology.
· We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
· If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
· When you publicly post or share content (such as text, images, photographs, messages, comments or other kind of content) on a publicly accessible area of the Service or with other users of the Services, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers and other users will be able to see it. The information that you provide in your profile page (“Profile”) will be visible to others.
· When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
· We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Services.
· We may also collect Personal Data at other points in our Services that state that Personal Data is being collected.
(b) Information Collected via Technology.
· Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
· Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users’ Personal Data.
· How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that might enable Users to opt out of tracking on our site.
· Flash LSOs. When we post videos, third parties may use local shared objects, known as “Flash Cookies,” to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain video features. Flash Cookies are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data and how the data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash Cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash Cookies, click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
· Mobile Services. We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded our Application(s). This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how you use the Application(s), and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our Application(s) crash on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Application(s). This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
(c) Information Collected from You About Others. If you decide to invite a third party to create an Account, we will collect your and the third party’s names and e-mail addresses in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party. We rely upon you to obtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to allow us to access and upload the third party’s names and e-mail addresses as required above. You or the third party may contact us at email@example.com to request the removal of this information from our database.
(d) Information Collected from Third Party Companies. We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from companies that provide our Services by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website, companies that offer their products and/or services on our Services, or other third-party partners. These third-party companies may supply us with Personal Data. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Services in order to improve the Services we provide.
(e) Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your phone, we collect your location information to connect home owners and service providers.
6. Use of Your Personal Data
(a) General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
· facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
· identify you as a user in our system;
· authenticate your identity;
· provide improved administration of our Services;
· provide the services you request, including to share job information between home owners and service providers;
· improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Services;
· send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
· send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
· send text messages to you to provide notifications and authorizations in connection with the Services;
· make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback;
· respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests; and
· send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Company.
(b) Messages. By providing your cellphone number and using the Services, you hereby affirmatively consent to our use of your cellphone number for calls and texts in order to perform and improve upon the Services. Company will not assess and charge for any calls or texts, but standard message charges or other charged from your wireless carrier may apply. You may opt out of receiving text messages from us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
(c) User Testimonials and Feedback. We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Services. We occasionally publish such content. When we publish this content, we may identify our users by their first and last name and may also indicate their home city. We obtain the user’s consent prior to posting his or her name along with the testimonial. We may post user feedback on the Services from time to time. We will share your feedback with your first name and last initial only. If we choose to post your first and last name along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting you name with your feedback. If you make any comments on a blog or forum associated with our Services, you should be aware that any Personal Data you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these blogs and forums.
(d) Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data and aggregated and other de-identified information for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
(a) Third Parties Designated by You. When you use the Services, the Personal Data you provide will be shared with the third party that you designate to receive such information, including other websites and your business associates. For example, we may share inspection reports with third parties designated by you through the Services.
(b) Users. We will share your Personal Data with other Users solely for the purpose of providing the Services. For example, home addresses may be shared with service providers and service provider ID cards may be shared with home owners for authentication.
(c) Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with our third party service providers to: provide you with our Services; to process payments; to authenticate users via face recognition technology; to send messages and notifications; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to the Company, including sharing your inspection details and reports with banks, inspectors, and other third parties.
(f) Information You Share; Public Profile. When you use our Services, you may choose to post or share certain information with other Users. We may display this content on the Services and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services. Once displayed on publicly viewable web pages, that information can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads the information you choose to share or what other users may do with the information that you voluntarily post, so it is very important that you do not put Personal Data in such postings. In addition, certain information may be displayed in your Profile and on the Services, such as your name, professional title, company name, and photo. You may edit such information by going to your Profile settings. Once you have posted information publicly, while you will still be able to edit and delete it on the Services, you will not be able to edit or delete such information cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others.
9. Your Choices Regarding Information. You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Service:
(b) Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
(c) Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data. All users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Data in their user account by contacting us or editing their profile via the Services. If you completely delete all of your Personal Data, then your user account may become deactivated. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
(d) Applications. You can stop all collection of information by the Application(s) by uninstalling the Application(s). You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network. To serve ads in our Application(s) where Cookie technology is not available, the Company hashes users’ device ID. Users may choose to reset or opt out of anonymous IDs at any time. If users choose to opt out, ads delivered to the Application(s) by ad serving technology will not be served on an anonymous ID. You may at any time opt-out from further allowing us to have access to your location data by enabling/disabling, or adjusting the settings on your mobile device.
(e) Security of Credit Card and Bank Account Information. For online payments and/or Automated Clearing House (ACH) payouts, we use the payment services of Stripe, Inc. We do not process, record or maintain your credit card or bank account information. For more information on how payments are handled, or to understand the data security and privacy afforded such information, please refer to https://stripe.com/us/privacy.
(a) satisfy any requirement of law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request,
(c) detect, prevent, or otherwise respond to fraud, security or technical concerns,
(d) support auditing and compliance functions, or
(e) protect the rights, property, or safety of PrestoIntelligence, its users, or the public against harm.
PrestoIntelligence provides you with helpful information based on where you are. If you wish to deactivate this feature, you can disable location services on your mobile device.
Storage, Security and Retention of Information